1. Introduction & General Terms
Gaucho is committed to protecting you and your family’s personal information when you are using Gaucho services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable for our customers. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following services:
- any Gaucho website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- social media or official Gaucho content on other websites;
- mobile devices and other Applications (“Apps”);It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person when visiting our premises.In order to provide you with the full range of Gaucho services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information Gaucho may collect about you;
- how Gaucho will use information we collect about you;
- when Gaucho may use your details to contact you;
- whether Gaucho will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
Gaucho is a collection of sixteen restaurants in the UK, owned and operated by Rare Restaurants. This group also includes M Restaurants.
3. What information will Gaucho collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Gaucho’s products, services, activities or online content we may receive personal information about you. This includes content such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, email and mobile notifications, telephone or text Gaucho, book tickets for a Gaucho event or create an account using Gaucho’s online registration system. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth. It may also include information collected about your use of Gaucho products and services (such as when you last visited our premises, what pages you visit on Gaucho website and items you have “purchased” when signed in to your Gaucho account).
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13, we may process limited personal data about you so you can give consent for the child to access some Gaucho products or services. We may use your contact details to communicate with you about the child’s account or use of services.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Some of our services enable you to sign-in via a third party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third party app, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow Gaucho to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible). Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by Gaucho.
Gaucho collects information about how you use Gaucho mobile or other Apps, Gaucho websites or other Gaucho content online, and the device(s) you use to access the services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
4. How will Gaucho use the information it collects about me?
Gaucho will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity using our products and services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance, we could use your website viewing history to provide personalised recommendations. If you are signed-in or subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want toreceive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters, or disable personalisation. Please visit Your Account in the Gaucho Preference Centre to find out more. This is located at https://gaucho.my-pref.com/
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.Where Gaucho proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. Please see section 18 below for details.
5. Your Gaucho Account
If you have registered for a Gaucho account this will also allow you to login to the Gaucho website for your location and some other Gaucho websites and apps.
To provide you with a seamless experience, it may be necessary to share your personal information within our organisation.
We will only share what we need to in order to provide the service you are using – we will never routinely share all of the data we each hold about you.
You might be asked to use your Gaucho Account on other Gaucho services to enable you to sign in and seamlessly enjoy Gaucho services.
Your Gaucho account will always be covered by the policies of this website. But, please be aware that additional policies may apply if your Gaucho account is linked to another account.
6. When will Gaucho contact me?
Gaucho may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you or your under-13- year-old child have signed up for, in order to ensure that Gaucho can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a Gaucho account, or to help you reset your password or to ask whether you agree to your child’s request for additional account permissions);
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Gaucho products or services;
- in relation to any personalised services you are using;
- in relation to any communication you have submitted to Gaucho, e.g.on Gaucho message boards or feedback forms or via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Gaucho services (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to Gaucho’s policies andpractices
- for marketing purposes, as set out in section 7.
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Gaucho will only send you marketing emails or contact you on Gaucho platforms where you have agreed to this. We offer regular emails to let you know about Gaucho products and services. From time to time we may also contact you to ask your views on issues affecting Gaucho. We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of Gaucho products and services.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have a Gaucho account and have used Gaucho products and services.
If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from Gaucho, some third- party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future. If you want to stop all personalised services from Gaucho, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites, you can visit Your Account in the preference centre (see section 11) and disable personalisation there.
8. Will Gaucho share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within the Gaucho except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons) or as described in this section and section 9.
Generally, we will use your information within Gaucho and will only share it outside Gaucho where you have requested it or given your consent. However, we may share with third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you relevant advertising on third party sites, as set out in section 7. Sometimes Gaucho uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. Gaucho requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Gaucho requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way. In some cases these third parties are located outside of the European Union.
We may share your personal information internally. Please see section 4 above for more details.
9. What if I am a user aged under 13?
If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Gaucho. If you are under 13 and want to register for a Gaucho account then you will need to provide your date of birth to make sure you can use the parts of Gaucho Online that are meant for you and for younger visitors. If you are under 13 then we will need consent from your parent/guardian before you can use some of our services. Please click here for more information about registering for a Gaucho account.
10. How long will Gaucho keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Gaucho. If you delete your Gaucho account then your personal information is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your Gaucho account, please see section 12 below.
11. Can I delete my data?
If the data we hold about you is not required for us to fulfil a legal obligation, you can delete your personal data by visiting the preference centre http://gaucho.my-pref.com/
As explained in section 11 above, deleting your Gaucho account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used Gaucho products and services will be made anonymous.
12. Can I find out what personal information Gaucho holds about me?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Gaucho holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. If you are within the UK, please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Data Protection Officer, Gaucho, Forth Floor, 7-9 Swallow Street, London, W1B 4DE
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be: Passport, Driving licence Birth certificate, Utility bill (from last 3 months) Current vehicle registration document, Bank statement (from last 3 months) or Rent book (from last 3 months).
13. Web browser cookies
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Gaucho website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On Gaucho websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Gaucho Sharing Tools
You will also see embedded ‘share’ buttons on Gaucho web pages; these enable users to easily share content with their friends through a number of popular social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Gaucho does not control the distribution of these cookies. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Gaucho website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
Gaucho cookies and how to reject cookies
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of some features of Gaucho services and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
Other information collected from webbrowsers
Your web browser may also provide Gaucho with information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to Gaucho Online and this may be captured by performance cookies.
14. Apps and Devices
When you download or use Gaucho apps on your mobile device, information may be accessed from or stored to your device. Most often this is used in a similar way to a web browser cookie, such as by enabling the app to ‘remember’ you or provide you with the content you have requested.
Your web browser or device may also provide the Gaucho with information about your device, such as a device identifier or IP address. Device identifiers may be collected automatically, such as the device ID, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number and app ID (a unique identifier relating to the particular copy of the app you are running).
When you sign in to a Gaucho app, your sign-in details may be stored securely on the device you are using, so you can access other Gaucho apps on the same device without needing to enter your sign-in details again.
If you have any concerns about the information which might be accessed from or stored on your device by Gaucho, you may wish to only access Gaucho content through a web browser and review your web browser settings then please contact us at email@example.com.
15. Changes to Gaucho’s Privacy and Cookies Policy
16. Contacting Gaucho about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact: The Data Protection Officer
7-9 Swallow Street London, W1B 4DE